Sunday, June 1, 2008

Introduction

This blog is my personal account of my time with the Ngongotaha Volunteer Fire Service, it is not authorised by the New Zealand Fire Service, any information contained in the blog is not to be taken as statement of fact or the opinion or view of the New Zealand Fire Service.

I will try to list all calls that I attend and some details, if allowed, of the call. More importantly I will keep you updated on my training and the tasks I undertake at calls.

The Ngongotaha Volunteer Fire Service is manned by volunteers from the local community, we commit our own time for training, calls, fund raising and to raise awareness of the risks and the prevention of fire. We do not receive any payment or reward.

We have two trucks, details to follow, and one mini bus/backup vehicle. We train for two hours on a Monday night.

Up until this date, I have not attended many fire calls, must be a quiet time for fires!! The few calls I have been on are:

Garage fire - Ngongotaha - 12.03am 22/05/08
Smell of smoke - Mangakakahi - 6.57pm 30/05/08

There are other calls in between, but I couldn't attend.

I hope you all enjoy reading about the service, if you want to donate any money to the Station you can contact us.

No comments: